Sunday, March 28, 2004

I spent several hours this weekend working on improving appearance of the paint on the right rear quarter panel and the bonnet(hood). The hood had water spots and the rear panel had bad oxidation and a web of scratches. I tried removing the water spots with vinegar to no avail. The solution turned out to be wet sanding with 0000 steel wool followed by 1500 grit paper, followed by 3M rubbing compund, followed by Meguiars paint cleaner, Meguiars, paint polish, and finally a coat of wax. The results look great. It is not perfect but it is much better.

The front brakes on the passenger side are squeaking! I haven't done a break job in 10+ years. I don't really want to but...it needs new tires too.

This afternoon I drove out Nick-Davis towards Athens. I saw several other folks out enjoying the weather in their convertables. Got a Miata wave from another guy in another red Miata.

Ginger asked if the car was going to be my current obsession. Can you believe I have had 10 days and I haven't washed it yet.

Where can I get some Connolly's Hide Food?

No comments: