Saturday, August 26, 2006

So Far, So Good

Terry rolled in yesterday afternoon. She arrived early enough to have the Mustang's windows tinted on Friday. She went with the darkest legal tint, as had I. The tinted windows on the Mustang were a nice touch. She also had a dark strip put across the top of the windshield. I have been considering doing this on the Miata but was concerned that it might obstruct my line of sight. After sitting in her car I have decided it would not be a problem. The darker tint used for this strip is not as opaque as I thought it might be. Assuming I do it, I will probably limit it to 5" instead of the 6" maximum allowed by law.

In celebration of this weekends F1 race, Jordan coerced me into setting up the slot car track. It was out less than a total of 9 hours. One of the cars had an internal gear damaged so I decided to put it away before anything else happened. Only one broken piece per session is my motto.

Last week, they announced the date for next years F1 race at Indy: June 17 2007. This is good news as there was some concern that the race would not be held at Indy next year.

My Father also came up to spend the day with us. I tried to convince him he needed a '69 Karmann Ghia. I don't think he bought it.

We all made the trek out to Green Brier for lunch. Greasy hush puppies were enjoyed by all. And squirrel ice cream.

Ginger pointed out this evening that Auburn Football starts next weekend. That means Fall is just around the corner.

No comments: