Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Monday Tuesday Wednesday

The last three days have followed a common recipe for me.

0) A full day of debugging embedded wireless protocol software.
1) A couple of hours in the driveway with a grinder and a power drill removing rivets from an old truck frame.
2) A few more hours doing home work for that crazy abstract modern algebra class.

(I am pleased to be done before 12:00 tonight!)

We have decided that there is no practical application for abstract algebra. None whatsoever! I would go futher and claim there is no use for it at all, but that would be a lie. As far as I can tell though, its only real use is as a prerequisite for another mathematics class needed only by some crazy fool attempting to fetch a masters or phd in mathematics. Not me though.

The dissassembly of the new old new truck frame is coming along nicely. I say new because it recently arrived here so it is new to me. I say old because it is 35 years old and most vehicles won't last that long. And I say new because relative to the '25 pickup, the '72 is still a spring chicken.

No comments: