Friday, August 22, 2008

I recently read that the new U2 album was schedule for release in October. And then it was changed to November. They have a working title which I have inconveniently forgotten.

This week I picked up 3 lbs of okra at the big garden down the road. Mmmm. Fried okra is good. I boiled a few pods too, just to gross you out. It never occurred to me to try to steam it. I read about that here: Okra and Proud of It.

I have used some of my free time this week to work on rebuilding the differential out of the GMC. I was very lucky during the assembly process. I got the backlash within spec on the second try and the pinion shim was already correct. All that is left is to get the pinion pre-load set by crushing the crush collar and then button I can button it up.

3 comments:

Terry said...

Very ironic that you should mention U2 and Okra in the same post.... My favorite alternate U2 lyric is.......

"I've got okra in my head"

Can you name the song?

Rick said...

I have no idea.

While not one of my own, this is one of my fav's complements of Johnny D.

T-F-ODO,
Electric Co.

If you don't know,
Electric Co.

Terry said...

When I was all messed up and I had okra in my head......

Your love was a lightbulb hanging over my head....

Baby baby baby light my way......



Also to be interchanged with OPRAH in my head......