Monday, December 15, 2008

Last Tuesday I left the house headed for school in the Miata running on fumes. The gas station I have been frequenting is about halfway between home and school. Once I arrived there, I discovered I had left my wallet at home. The tank being empty, I realized I didn't have enough gas/time to head to back the house. I also didn't have enough gas to get to school.

After briefly panic'ing for about 7 seconds, I collected all the change from the car and went inside the station to proudly request $1.50 on pump number 8. The price of regular was $1.55 per gallon which bought me most of a gallon. With my most of gallon of gas I was able to make it to school and back.

Two days later, I was in the Miata again, once again heading for school. This time with my wallet in my pocket, I stopped at the gas station and filled up the tank. Here is the amazing part. I filled up the tank for less than $20. To be more precise it cost $18.99. Gas mileage on this tank was down: about 28 MPG, but still nothing to complain about there.

2 comments:

Mike said...

Now that is a throwback!

Scraping together quarters and nickles and dimes for gas and Dr Pepper money all summer long.

Gassing the 'Vette up at Stop N Go, because it was the cheapest place in town, Good times on a couple of bucks a day!

Rick said...

I sometimes wonder of those four-packs of 16 oz. Dr. Peppers were the beginning of your addiction.