Thursday, April 30, 2009

Let the Summer of Rick Begin

Tuesday was the last day of my internship. The internship was a positive experience. I was amazed at the response from the kids on my last day. Many of them brought me gifts (in the form of office supplies). There was also a chocolate chip cookie cake and a chocolate cake. What a great day. The students in third block even framed my gold star.

My plan for May is to do some substituting while the kids are still in school. I decided to take Wednesday off and start sub'ing on Thursday. I had arranged for spots on both Thursday and Friday. Thursday was going to be in the class I had been teaching in all semester. (The students kept telling me they were going to miss me. I kept telling them they would hardly notice I was gone.) Wednesday night the school system's auto-dialing phone message system called up to let us know that school had been canceled for both Thursday and Friday due to swine flu. Yep. (We had bacon for dinner too.)

This morning I awoke with absolutely no plan for the day. It was nice to have the day off but with no direction I was concerned that I might waste a perfectly good day. I quickly came up with a plan of weeding the garden, trimming the grass back around the garden, and taking a nap. I also visited my neighbors garage to help him achive 0-p (Zero Productivity). The day went by nicely. I believe I actually got two naps. Talk about over achiving.

I have already begun planning my weekend. My plans include a play and a classic car auction. Should be fun. Next weeks plans are still up in the air. At this point, I am not suppose to sub again until Wednesday so I feel free, free, free.

No comments: