Friday, July 24, 2009

'72 GMC Update

My goal for three consecutive summers has been to get a rolling chassis. This year I finally reached the goal. Sure, there is still a lot of work to be done but no hurry here. After all, I am on a five ten year schedule.

I finally got the transmission all cleaned up and painted. The paint is from Eastwood and is called aluminum blast or something like that.



After painted the transmission, I cleaned up the torque converted and painted it. I used some of the leftover paint from the engine block on the transmission. Again the paint was from Eastwood.



Here is the engine reconnected to the transmission.



And here is the entire drive train mounted in the frame.



I still need to clean up and paint the water pump, alternator, fan, etc. Expect me to still be talking about these items three months from now.

No comments: