Sunday, February 07, 2010

Well I have been working through getting Word press working on Linux (AndLinux) using php5 and MySql using Abyssws. Once it is functional, I will work through the same installation process on my web server but until then I am leaving it along.

AndLinux is based on CoLinux and Ubuntu so I will actually be putting Ubuntu on the server, but working with AndLinux is convenient for now.

Once it is all working, I will make the swap and probably write up a few things that I identified as confusing during the process.

My favorite part of this is that in order to import my blog from Blogger into Word Press, I have to reconfigure blogger to post the blog on blogspot, because the importer does not support FTP. The is the irony, because if Blogger hadn't announced their discontinuing of support for FTP, it would all be moot.

And the word moot reminds me of ...

"Who gets the car? The question is moot! I get the car" - Rev. Jesse Jackson playing the host of a fictitious game show "The Question Is Moot!" from Saturday Night Night (many years ago).

No comments: