Saturday, May 15, 2004

Not much news. The last three days were good top down days.

Oh yeah! I found out Thursday that Beth had her baby on Tuesday. Barry sent me the hospital picture. Henceforth, they shall call the boy David.

I went to the hobby shop today. I was thinking about getting the N-scale railroad going again. It has been all boxed up for over a year. Action Hobbies left town a few years ago. The current shops don't have near the variety Action had. Perhaps I should put that off a little bit longer. Time and space would be the current problems. As usual, they are highly linked.

Perhaps I should just drink beer and watch tv. That is fairly low cost, except for the beer of course. Unless I could get a hold of some of that "Free as In Beer" beer that the open source guys are always talking about. I understand the concept of "Free as in headache", but anytime I have been offered free beer, that was usually manual labor involved, and that means the beer is not really free. The cost usually works out to a payrate much less than minimum wage.

And while we are on the subject of free labor, the neighor came over this morning. Her landscapers had broken a pipe on her sprinkler system. Because she had seen me working on mine so much she asked for a little help. Had she thought about it a little more, perhaps she would have realized that because I had to work on mine so much, perhaps I was not the right guy to ask. Anyway, after a quick trip to Home Depot {in the Miata, top down}, and a little playtime in the mud, they were all set up.

Her husband just had knee surgery. He is in a lot of pain these days, but at least he has the good drugs.

Hi iMike! How are things going with you? Gotten any sleep lately?

No comments: