Tuesday, August 17, 2004

Beautiful weather here today. And it was a Miata day. And the top was down.

Woodworking got canceled this week. You know what that means, right. I will not be finished with the bed this week nor will I stop yak'ing about it.

I guy at work recently brought a few musical instruments in and left them in the rec room. There was a electric guitar, acoustic guiatr, bass, keyboard, and drum machine. I like almost everyone else has to pick up an instrument everytime they walk through. It is not uncommon for both guitars to be taken, so I have been playing the bass. I currently have 3 guitars. At some point in the past I had a bass. I gave it to a friend who had actual taken. These days I am wishing I had a bass. I would like to get pretty good at The Church's 'Repile'. I checked ebay for a decent used bass but nothing in the price range I would be willing to pay (about $100).

I had an idea. Why not build one. I know I have seen kits to build electric and acoustic guitars. I thought, why not combine a few hobbies: music and woodworking. I checked around and found two different kits. Both cost more than my price/pain limit.

At home I will just have to settle for playing the baseline on the E-A-D strings of my guitars.

Just in case your wondering, Reptile sounds something like this:

Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp,
Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp,
Bomp, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp,

Bomp, B..B..B, Bomp, B..B..B, Bomp, Bomp, Bomp.

You get the idea. I found the bass tab here. This guy also has U2's 'New Year's Day'. That should be fun.

I did a vantity Google this morning. To my surprise I found me at the top of the list. I am feeling lucky. (I even pressed the "I'm feeling Luck Button".) Now if we can just figure out why I wanted to see me there, we will have learned something about myself.

No comments: