Wednesday, November 03, 2004

Did I mention I pulled the pistons, crank shaft, and cam shaft yesterday?

Today I cleaned the engine block. It is almost spotless! I took a few photos for anyone that wants to see. It had been recommened to me that I use oven cleaner. It definitely works better than engine degreaser. Warning - oven cleaner will remove paint! This was not a problem for me because the engine was out of the truck.

Now I just have to figure out how to get it all back together. That shouldn't really be a problem. I have been putting all the little pieces and bolts in zip-top bags along with a label. The problem will be getting it put all back together without spending a wheel barrow full of money.

I need a full set of gaskets and seals(9), piston rings, timing belt, main bearings, rod bearings, and motor mounts.

BTW, I did figure out why the compression was low in the one cylinder. It had a broken ring.

My father came by yesterday. Time for a computer upgrade. We added an 80 gig harddrive to his computer. Plenty of drive space now. I also checked it for virus's and ad ware. Plenty of both were found. It is all cleaned up now. Last friday I did the virus and ad ware removal trick at my neighbors house.

No comments: