Sunday, February 27, 2005

You Are Here
For the life of me I can't remember anything interesting to say about Friday.

Saturday morning I replaced the other 7 spark plugs. The truck is running nice and smooth. I still haven't borrowed a vacuum gauge to determine if the intake gasket is blown. I suspect it is base on the way the oil has been disappearing. Still going at a rate of about 1 quart per 1000 miles.

Ah, It all comes back to me now. Friday I went back to Advanced Auto to get them to clear the check engine light. I also picked up another spark plug. When I got home Thursday night, I only had 7 plugs. Who knows what happened to the 8th one. Perhaps it got left on the counter.

I acquired a 40 lb pressurized sand blasting tank on Saturday. I put it together yesterday afternoon. I hoped to acquire some sand this afternoon but it was cold and rainy so I didn't venture out. The first thing to be blasted will the the inner fender wells from the truck.

I tried some paint stripper on the bed side yesterday. Did I mention how many coats of paint are on that thing. Timewise the paint stripper is no faster than a high speed sander with a 24 grit disc. As for elbow grease I am uncertain. The first half hour you stand around and watch the paint bubble up. The second half hour you scrape and scrape and scrape. The instructions said to use a plastic scraper. After about 2 minutes the plastic scraper had softened and become worthless. I then switched to a metal scraper. I will miss the plastic scrapper. It has served me well for several years for applying wood putty to brad nail holes in furniture, cabinets, etc. The metal scrapper was previously used to remove gaskets from a Chevy small block. The handle on it broken so it will be moving on as well, but not until most of the paint scraping is done. Think duct tape.

[insert witty joke here]

No comments: