Thursday, September 29, 2005

Just when I am starting to get use to the retirement gig, the week is almost over. Oh well, it was good while it lasted. And fortunately I have a vacation coming up soon.

today's truck adventure involved making a mess in the driveway. I attempted to degrease and clean the frame. So good so far. I suspect a few hours with a stiff brush and some cleaner will complete this task. I imagine it would go twice as fast if you would come help me.

I don't suppose I have mentioned how heavy the frame is. After turning it over a few times it gets heavier.

I was considering having it sandblasted, the frame. I have now decided against it. Basically it is in pretty good shape. Just a little dirt and grease. No real rust to speak of. Definitely not worth hauling all over creation to have it blasted.

I am hungry. Probably because I have been thinking I should go on a diet. That always happens. Where are the bon-bons?

I met some guys for breakfast this morning (6 AM) at Cracker Barrel. These guys meet every week. It is some sort of egg sandwich ritual. Normally I would just be getting out of bed, but I figured, hey since I am retired I should be doing the whole early to bed, early to rise thing. Tune in next week when I will be asleep.

Early this AM, the sky was dark when I left the house but it seemed warm enough. Miata - top down. It was just getting light when I arrived at CB. Oooohhh. Look at those dark clouds. Too bad my top has a hole in it. Fortunately it didn't rain. An hour and a half later I headed on back to the house.

I got an email later from a friend who mentioned he saw a crazy guy driving around this morning in a Miata with the top down. Sixty degrees. Auburn Tag. Sixty degrees is nothing. Last year I did it sub-30. Until my ears fell off. Usta! Yeah that was me.

Several of the blogs I routinely visit have not been updated in a while. Perhaps everyone is busy living real lives. So real and exciting they have no time to allow me to live vicariously though them. You know who you are.

This morning I discovered that my neighbor now has a pirate flag having on his yuppie flag pole.

We are the pirates who don't do anything.
We just stay at home and lie around.
And if you ask us to do anything.
We will just tell you, we don't do anything.

No comments: