Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I received my review of my first speech tonight. It must have gone pretty well. I got an 'A'. Areas for improvement: more gestures and more movement. I guess I was stonewalling. I got excellent marks for eye contact, volume, and cadence. So good so far.

I hate to admit I spent almost 6 hours preparing for a 2-3 minute speech, but I did. Can you say obsessive? I actually wrote 5 different speeches, none of which I was particularly happy with but in the end I still had to give a speech. I think I ended up using the second one.

The next speech is supposed to be informative. Who wants to know how to visually identify the model year of all GMC and Chevrolet trucks between the years 1967 and 1972. Ho hum.

TGIF. Doh! Never mind, it's only Tuesday.

Hey, Yesterday evening after work I loaded up the sand blaster and took care of eight small brackets. T & J will be happy this weekend with their lighter work load.

It just occurred to me how fortunate I am that I can touch type. I think that was a glass of red wine speaking.

2 comments:

Terry said...

No sandblasting for me this weekend!! I am excused on account of injuries!!

Unknown said...

So THAT is why you did it, huh? To keep from sandblasting for Rick?