Tuesday, September 04, 2007

What a glorious weekend we had. I got the opportunity to sleep late, work on my old trucks, and play with the kids. The only thing missing was perhaps a little bit of fried okra.

With the new week starting, so did classes. This evening I attended my speech class. After agonizing over the topic/object for a week plus I have finally accepted that it is my fate to use a computer as the point of departure. Sounds easy enough, aye? But what does it really say about me?

Whatever I want it to! After a mere hour I have managed to write a 300 word speech. Based on a typical delivery rate of 125 words per minute, this should put me smack dab in the middle of the 2 to 3 minute goal.

Perhaps your wondering about my computer. Perhaps not. Regardless, the computer I will be presenting is one that I designed and built about 15 years ago. Want to see a picture?

3 comments:

Brian the Red said...

Not only do we want to see a picture, we want a post with your speech in it.

Brian the Red said...

Oh, and what is with the no title thing? Kind of makes my subscribing to the RSS feed worthless...

Terry said...

I still think Pillows and Naps says more about you and would have made excellent subject matter!!