Thursday, October 11, 2007

We are home again but I still need to finish up the beach posts.

Tuesday night we tried a restaurant we had not visited before. The name of the place was Grafittis. The place was Italian and decorated rather eclecticly. While they had pizza on the menu I opted for some pasta. I selected a dish with a rather bland name, Seafood Pasta. The description ended with spicy marinara sauce. The world spicy was my sole reason for selecting it. Spicy turned out to be some red pepper. And it was good. The fresh shrimp and scallops didn't hurt either.

Wednesday was "Happy Bri-day". We made a day of it by going out to ride bumper boats, bumper cars, and go-karts. J was tall enough to drive himself this year. G says he fancied himself to be an F1 driver. After the racing we headed on down the street. Bri wanted to get her little ears pierced. It sounded painful to me, but it was what she wanted. I tried to look the other way. Afterwards we hit a few souvie shops and then an early dinner. Since it was HBD, we let her pick the restaurant. She wanted to go back to The Back Porch. We arrived early enough to get a table right away. G has the Grouper Florentine which was excellent. I had another pasta dish whose name eludes me right now. I won't be having it again though. It may have been called a shrimp Alfredo but that is not really what it was. Oh well.

Today we returned home.

I missed two classes this week. Tonight I was supposed to give a speech on the Electoral College. When I arrived at class I discovered the speech was postponed until next week. More time to prepare.

No comments: