Wednesday, June 04, 2008

...Clutch Replacement...

Several busy days have passed and very little has been done.

Saturday we hit a British/Euro car show in the AM and spent the afternoon at the lake.

Since dropping the transmission, I have been trying to acquire the front and rear seal. Sunday I went to a local auto parts shop. They ordered them, available for pickup 9:30 AM Sunday. Long story short, they were available when they were supposed to be and when they finally showed up, they were wrong.

(Monday and Tuesday I stayed busy with school.)

Tuesday evening I removed the seals from the transmission. I also did some general cleaning and degreasing.

This morning I removed the flex plate and replaced the pilot bearing.

This afternoon, I stopped at the Miata dealer ship to order the seals. They will be in friday afternoon. I also replaced the rear main seal and re-installed the flex plate. And finally I did some more degreasing and general cleaning.

Total time involved, probably about 4 hours. Hopefully I will be ready to raise the transmission this weekend, Assuming the correct seals arrive on Friday.

7 comments:

Terry said...

zoom zoom zoom!!

Mike said...

, if it was me doing the repairs, it would be Zoom Zoom Boom!

Rick said...

I am still waiting no parts so there is no Zoom Zoom Zoom or boom.

Terry said...

no BOOM is good? eh?

Mike said...

No boom is boring.

Rick said...

No zoom is really boring!

Terry said...

Might I suggest some vvvrrrroooommmm.....Giddyup little pony car.... Hey, any body got any gas I can borrow?