Sunday, February 22, 2009

For the past few weeks I have been focused on school. It is amazing how one can be so focused that several days or weeks can pass without giving much thought to anything else. I believe the most difficult part is behind me now, though I still have plenty to do. Over the next couple of weeks I hope to have more free time and thus have some mildly mundane topics to speak of.

The contractors finished up repairing the garage either two or three weeks ago. I still have not moved the tools back in. I am eager to do so because the Miata has been parked in the driveway for the last couple of weeks. (This is the only time the Miata has been left outside overnight since I bought it however many years ago that was.)

The precision machine class has been very interesting. We are primarily working with a vertical milling machine, an E-Mill I believe. The project for the class is to mill a c-clamp out of a solid piece of aluminum. We should begin cutting threads in another week or so.

The Big-4-0 was completely painless. Especially since I got a box of laxatives as a gift. I have extras and I am willing to share.

No comments: