Monday, May 16, 2005

According to my tracking number, the motherboard will arrive tomorrow.

Over the last week I did a little cleaning on the Miata. First the seats got cleaned and conditioned. While I was at it, I went ahead and did the truck seats also. About a week ago I cleaned them all with saddle soap. Then I decided to try out the aloe base Meguiars leather products. One for cleaning and one for conditioning. Between the three, I am happy with the results

Second came the wax job. For this I tried the NXT tech paste wax. This stuff is incredible and produces a really nice shine. It actually make the paint appear wet.

The third step was the cleaning the carpet. This started out with vacuuming out the Miata including the trunk. While I had the vacuum out, I went ahead and vacuumed the gold fish cracker crumbs out of the car seat in the truck. Oh, and I vacuumed the rest of the truck also.

The floor mats in the Miata have had some grungy looking spots on them since before I got bought. I decided too try to clean them also. Surprisingly I got every spot out of the mats! I used some of that Oxy stuff and a stiff brush. Except for a little bit of wear, the mats almost look new.

The transmission on the '72 has been dripping. I investigated the leak on Saturday. It appeared to be an o-ring where the speed-o cable connects to the back end of the transmission. Yesterday I replaced the o-ring. No drips so far but I am not calling it fixed til it has been driven a little bit.

I finally made it to HD yesterday to buy a nice piece of wood. The plan here is to make a replacement drawer front for a night stand my sister has. Shamefully I will admit the drawer has been in my shop for over a month, though probably not two. Saturday I intended to make the new drawer front but after getting out in the shop I was surprised to discover I had no suitable wood for this project. That was about when I decided to wax the car.

No comments: