Thursday, May 19, 2005

I remembered to call my sister and wish her a happy birthday.

Tomorrow I am not going to work. I requested a vacation day so that I could attend the Heart of Dixie Metal Meet '05. I read about this over at the Metal Meet forums.

My primary goal is simply to learn more about working sheet metal. If things go well I may even apply a little effort to improving the inner fenders of the '72. Did I forget to mention I removed those earlier this week. It looks really cool to peer under the hood without the inner fenders in place. You get to see the tires, suspension, and the ground.

The metal meet is Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Currently I expect to be able to attend Friday morning, most of Saturday, and Sunday afternoon. Assuming things don't change.

I finished digging around in the flower beds this evening and started laying the pipe and installed the risers and sprinker heads. Tomorrow afternoon I will probably be able to finish it up. I need to install the valve, connect the wiring, and install about two more feet of pipe. One on each side of the valve. It will be nice to get this done. You know what comes next: Mulch.

No, I didn't go see the new Star War's movie today.

This entry was brought to you today by the numbers Sixty-two and Forty-two and by the letter R.

No comments: