Sunday, May 07, 2006

The power is out.

It is amazing how as soon as the power goes out, the kids think there is nothing to do.

And the Green Grass Grows All Around

Back in 1993 I had a conversation with a couple of friends at work. We were eaves dropping on some older guys who were talking about the grass in their yards. I mentioned that one might seem pretty pathetic if all they had to talk about was their grass.

Several years later, we all sitting around talking about our grass. I guess it seems more interesting when you actually have a yard. I recalled the previous conversation and we all had a good laugh.

Having said all that...

This past weekend, he had sod put down in our backyard. We have been very lucky in that it has pretty much rained every single day since then. The green color sure beats the red clay it is covering up, even if the sod does have a few weeds in it. How can one tell they are there? Well the weeds have really grown alot due to the rain. Hopefully the grass will take too.

Odometer Report

Today the charger rolled over the 1k mark on the odometer.

In other related car news, today my sister bought a 2006 Ford Mustang. Refire Metallic. Or as the Mopar folks call it inferno red. Or as the Mazda folks call it garnet red.

I tried to convince her a new Miata was the way to go, but unfortunately she almost got run over by an ESUVEE while taking the test drive. Bummer.

No living vicariously through her and her new Miata. Perhaps she will let me burn some rubber off the Mustang tires though.

Sunday while driving on the I-565 I was playing with the MPG estimation gauge on the Charger. It is rated 17-25 MPG. It currently seems to get the best mileage at 60 mph. Roughly 26.4 on a nice flat road if you can believe the computer. Slow down to 50 and it drops off some. Speed up to 70 and it drops off a little also. This won't keep me from driving 70 in a 70 though.

While playing the MPG I managed to get the gauge up to around 35 MPG, but only briefly. I also managed to sit at a stop sign and watch it drop by 0.1 MPG second. To bad I can't get 35 MPG for real in this car.

The power is back on. Hurray! I sure am glad the battery in my laptop was charge.

No comments: