Wednesday, May 30, 2007

I stopped by the Miata dealership this afternoon to pick up the replacement timing belt crankshaft sprocket. $34.

Later in the evening I spent a couple of hours working on reassembling the car. It took about 20 seconds to put the sprocket back on and another 2 hours to accomplish absolutely nothing. Apparently putting a timing belt back on a Miata is a three handed job, something about valve springs causing the cams to want to rotate a few degrees off of where I want them to be. Fortunately it will all wait until the weekend. End the mean time I will concentrate on growing another arm.


Yesterday the Differential Rebuilding DVD arrived from SmartFlix. I watched it last night. The video was excellent. It answered all my questions and then some. No more mysteries hidden in the differential.


I helped a friend setup his new blog on Tuesday. I am still waiting on that first post Danny!

No comments: