Saturday, October 22, 2005

I got the call from the upholstry shop yesterday before lunch. The rear window panel was ready for pickup. I had dropped it off on Wednesday around 11:00 so the total turn around time was less than 48 hours.

The 'h' key on my keyboard is intermittently working today. You never realize how many of those you use until they are occasionally not working. Then when it does work, it is one ell of a surprise.

Today has been a relaxing day so far. That doesn't mean I haven't done anything so far, it has just gone pretty smoothly. Perhaps it has something to do with the cool Fall like weather outside and New Yankee workshop on the TV. I bet if I flipped channels I could even find a football game. No thanks, I will stick with dadovision.

Jordan had a friend come over and play for a few hours. We picked him up this morning and I got a chance to see how the '53 is coming along. Good thing we are not having a race, because I would be losing.

Because we had an honored guest, and also a lack of bread at the house, we made a trip to Sonic for lunch. Wacky meals for everyone. Woo hoo.

Amoung my many mundane chores today, I managed to also get the repaired rear window panel re-installed in the Miata. I looks good and it feels good to know I can weather some ran if I have to.

I mentioned last week it took about 40 minutes to get the window panel out. The instructions I DL'ed off miata.net said it should take about an hour and a half to disassmeble. The instructions also mentioned it would take about one hour to reassemble. Well when it only took 40 minutes to take it apart I decided I was in for a nightmare of a reassembly. I was expecting a 3 hour tour. It went surprisingly quickly and did indeed only take one hour.

Rear window repair summary
- Total repair time: 1 hour forty minutes.
- Total cost: $65 which included the cost of the plastic window and sewing labor.
- Satisfaction level: High.

1 comment:

Mike said...

Stop now. Your next project might be cursed since this one went smoothly.

Or it might be that MY next project will be a pain, thank to you. Jerk.