Sunday, August 15, 2010

Ardmore Car Show

Yesterday's excursion was to Ardmore for their annual car show. I believe the show coincides with school starting back and is a fund raiser for the football team.

I had meant to attend this one at least twice in the past. I finally made it this year and was surprised at the size of the show. I don't know for sure how many cars were present, but I estimate it was north of 400. The show is held within a park and a good bit of the cars are actually parked in the shade. The shade didn't help much though because it was just so hot.

There was a high turnout of late 50's Chevrolets as well as a bunch of late 60's Camaros and Mustangs - the usual stuff. Also several interesting trucks. I got several great pictures including the one of the previous post of James and Lisa's Firebird.

The show included a parts swap. I took a quick walk through in search of a 27 spline yoke to put behind the TH350 on the '72 GMC. (I didn't realize I even needed one until last Monday - mine is pretty well worn because the needle bearings seized on the front u-joint. When the bearing stopped spinning, the entire bearing cap starting moving which wore down the yoke.)

It was a good show. I will definitely go back next year as it is less than 30 minutes from my driveway. I ran into several people I knew. Between the chatting and car gazing, I only stayed about 2.5 hours. It was just too hot for me. I hit the Sonic on the way out of town for a Cherry Limeaide. It sure hit the 'I need something cold to drink' spot.

No comments: