Wednesday, August 11, 2010

The Horrible Squeaking Dryer

After several months of the dryer producing a horrible squeaking sound which could be heard at the far end of the house through 3 closed door, it has finally been mended. Total labor cost $4. The parts cost was slightly more.

On Monday, I hired Bri to help me take it apart so that we could determine the part numbers we needed to order. Brianna did all the dis-assembly and reassembly. Dad supervised. Total labor cost: $2.

Two days later, I hired Jordan to help me take it apart again and replace the worn out parts. Jordan disassembled and reassembled the dryer. Dad swapped out the worn drum glides. Total labor cost: $2.

Pretty good deal - I suspect the repair man would have gotten at least $80.

And the best part - no more squeaking.

No comments: