Monday, August 15, 2005

I Remembered What I Forgot

My naive friend who will rename mainless, I mean remain nameless, mentioned to me last week that he would appreciate it if I saved all my soft drink can tabs for him. His daughter's class is saving them to donate to cancer victims.

I agreed to save them for him on one condition, that condition being that he Google for "coke can tab urban myth". I received a startled look. I explained that I believed the can tab charity was a myth.

He, who I will now call Evan, because it is spelled similar to Evian, which is a brand of water which everyone knows is niave spelled backwards did the research and discovered the truth. A million pull tabs is worth roughly $300 dollars. Hardly worth the effort. Collecting a million of anything would be a lot of effort.

Armed with the truth, he is still collecting can tabs and so far I have given him three(3). He mentioned the truth to his wife and recommended that she make the teacher aware. So far they have not told the teacher. They don't want to embarass her. "Plus it is really about the kids learning to help others", said Evan. I guess she will figure it out eventually. Perhaps they should try collecting pennies instead. As the link mentions, a million pennies is worth $10,000.

Now to demonstrate how difficult it is to collection a million pennies, I will ask that everyone reading this send me a penny. I will know if you don't send one because I can count to one - the total number of people who have accidentally run across this blog.

I had something else I wanted to say also but I forgot what it was.

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

I wonder how much of a fee PayPal would want for me to send you one cent?