Friday, August 12, 2005

Last night we went to open house at the kids school. It was nice out so I drove the Miata. No hint of rain at this point. As we are sitting in Jordans class listening to his teacher, another woman comes in to announce that it is raining and there is a red Miata in the parking lot with its top down. The rain drops were huge. And cold. By the time I got to the car, the passenger compartment was overflowing. I opened the door to let most of the water drain out then I put the top back up. I was completely soaked by the time I got back inside. Later when I got home I had another dilema. Do I leave the car in the garage with the top up so that the top can dry out or do I leave it with the top down so the interior can dry out? I selected top up with the plan to let it dry overnight and the put it down this morning so the interior could dry out today. If it is sunny tomorrow I will park it in drive way.

3 comments:

Mike said...

I have to get the truck dried out every time it rains. But that is because of the missing window gaskets and the big ass holes in the firewall and cowl. Not because it is a cool convertible.

Bought some of those big rubber mud catcher floor mats. They hold a lot of water and I can just empty them the next day.

Brian the Red said...

Man, I have so been there.

Mike said...

You have been in my truck? In the rain?

Why didn't you just roll the windows up?