Sunday, September 04, 2005

Sunday

Today I removed the cab from the GMC. This is suppose to be a four man job. I managed to do it pretty much by myself. Ok so I used a little physics also.

The next step is stripping the frame.

I missed the weekly Miata ride today but I plan to catch up tomorrow.

Saturday

Finished putting the Dodge back together this morning. No leaks and it is running smooth. I will keep an eye on it for the next few weeks. Hopefully I can start running 87 octane again it will stop burning oil. {update: Total time was about 9 hours. Total cost about $30. Mechanic's estimate to do this job: $450.}

Went to Sardis for the afternoon. We had a cookout at G's grandfather's house. I had a good time playing with all the kids.

Friday

Started working on replacing the belly pan gasket on the Dodge. It took 3.5 hours to get it taken apart. The Haynes manual wasn't as accurate as it has been in the past.

I removed the air filter housing, throttle body, alternator, a/c compressor, upper radiator hose, a heater house, and finally the intake manifold.

Spent about 30 minutes cleaning up the intake manifold.

At this point I took a break for a few hours including a nap. Wooo hooo!

The weather was perfect at about 75 degrees and my truck was in the shade of the garage.

Later in the day I put another 2.5 hours into putting it back together. Still not done but I am getting close.

No comments: