Saturday, September 24, 2005

Week In Review

Yesterday was my last day at my old job. I am taking this coming week off then I will be starting my new job. Is the grass really greener? I will let you know.

Last week I mentioned the gas gauge on the Dodge might be getting flaky. I have since decided it is ok. Instead I now believe I had 8-10 gallons of gas siphoned out of my tank. Not sure if it happened at home or at work but I did happen to leave the truck in the driveway two nights in a row which is pretty uncommon. Assuming I did not have gas siphoned out of the tank, then my last tank full only got me 7.1 MPG. Not likely. On that tank I got 180 miles and it took 25.3 gallons to refill at a total cost of over $70. Thats $.39 per mile. I usually get almost twice that - around 13 or 14 MPG.

In a way I am relieved that someone stole the gas. If it had been the sending unit going bad I would have to drop the tank and replace the sending unit. That would be a couple hours work and a wad of cash. This way I am limited to $30 of missing gas. No extra work on my part.

The kids and I went to Tuscumbia today to visit my father. Lunch at BK and then to Spring Park to ride the roller coaster, train, and carousel. After we got back to Dad's house I walked across the street to visit my Grandfather. He talked non-stop for an hour and a half. I am scheduled to do all the talking next time. He told me several interesting stories about when he was in WWII. He also told me about a '41 Buick convertible he once had. Metallic Blue, Blue leather interior. I am going to try to find a picture of one for him. He also mentioned he thought he would like to get one of those new Mazda MX-5's.

The POR-15 paint arrived Thursday. The box was apparrently shipped upside down and treated pretty roughly. Three out of four cans were dented. One was so badly banged up that it leaked. Did I mention the box must have been upside down? The inside of the box was a nice glossy black color. I guess I will be testing out their customer support line on Monday.

Ginger went to Auburn today to play with the Alumni band for the homecoming game. She had a lot of fun last year. Hopefully today went as well.

I missed a call from Creg today. Apparrently he painted his frame today.

No comments: