Saturday, July 22, 2006

2006 Volkswagen - Bug'n in July Car Show

Today's car show was probably the best one I have been to this year. The show consisted of all Volkswagens and the car count was probably around fifty or just under.

There were a couple of resto-mods there, one had been featured in a magazine, a couple of Karmann Ghias, a few new Beetles, but by far the major of the cars where all old style beetles.

There were no split windows (1953 and older), but there were 3 ovals windows(1953-1957). One of the ovals was looking for a new owner. The car was unrestored, but most of the original stuff was still there. The guy was looking for an offer, any offer. The engine was intact but seized up. I am sure he will find someone to take the car home with him. One guy standing there said he already had 9 Beetles at home. The seller assured him he needed a nice even ten to complete his collection of projects. Hopefully that car will find a good home.

The other two ovals, a red one and a white one, were both restored. The red one was nice, the white one was incredible. Someone had obviously put a lot of time into it.

On the way out I talked to a guy that was trying to sell a 1967 White Beetle. He wanted $300 for the car. I tried to convince Mr. Wallen that this time share opportunity was too good to pass up. He only had $20 so we kept walking.

The show was at Point Mallard in Decatur. It was two days long and was being held under the large pavilion. Being under cover was nice, because it finally rained today after what seems like months. The temperature was about perfect today, amazing considering it was July.

If your interested in a VW time share, just let me know. I think I could store it in garage in front of the Miata. Of course the truck cab would have to move out to the shop.

1 comment:

Mike said...

I am on for a 5% share. But I think I should get a break in price since it would cost me plenty to get out there and take my turn every 10.4 weeks or so.