Thursday, October 26, 2006

Gearing Up

I received a package in the mail from REI yesterday. I had ordered an aluminium pot handle and an thermal mattress pad for the impending camping trip.

I was amazed at the size of the package. The package was about the size of a shoe box. That is pretty small considering it contained a 2.5" pad.

The pad is advertised to pack down to about the size of a nalgene bottle. In my opinion it is larger than a nalgene bottle but it is still pretty small. Much smaller than the 1/2" foam pad I purchased from Wal-Mart back in 2001.

The only drawback is that the pad is not self inflating. So I will huff and I will puff, and I will bl-blo-bl-blo-bl-blow your house down the mattress up.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Why dont you take a bicycle pump?? If you try to blow it up, you will surely be ready for a nap when you get thru. Or worse, hyperventilate and fall on a half inflated pad. OUCH!

Mike said...

Let me know if you need any last minute REI stuff. We have one about 3 miles from home and a new one opening next week downtown.