Sunday, October 29, 2006

R.I.P.
Barry L. Dorough
Sunday October 29, 2006
This morning my friend Barry died. Barry and I met when we in college at Auburn back in the early 90's. We took many computer science classes together.
Points of interest from our time at Auburn included playing the Addams Family pinball machine in Foy and watching Dark Shadows on the new Sci-Fi channel. Tiny Toons, Chips-Ahoy, and Premium Saltine crackers. We procrastinated studying for tests together often, including one time when we took a short 10 mile walk around Auburn instead of studying for a final. And then there was the inedible chocolate cheesecake I made him.
We both moved to Huntsville in December of 1992 where we discovered the elusive 'extra' paycheck. Over the years our families took several vacations together both to the beach and snow skiing, but never snow skiing at the beach.
Barry was a good friend. I will miss him.

1 comment:

Terry said...

Sorry to hear about Barry!!!