Sunday, June 03, 2007

Perfect Timing

Between a couple of hours on Saturday and another four today, the Miata timing belt is now back in place. Woo hoo! Along with the timing belt, I replaced the water pump, and the auxilary belts. I also attempted to repair the radiator mounting brackets using JB Weld.

The car cranked and ran smoothly on the first try. Ok, their was one little problem. I left the alternator belt a little loose and it made a nice squealing noise. That was easily corrected though.

I drove it around the neighborhood to check things out. Everything looks good. Only one thing left to do, the gas tank is empty.

David's is a few hours behind mine. We will probably finish it up tomorrow night.

I did not track how many hours I spent on this project, but I suspect it is approximately 10. Maybe more.

No comments: