Wednesday, June 27, 2007

Top Ten Mistakes I Have Made on My Blog

All of them.

I read one of those Top 5 Blog Improvement articles recently that said you should never say "Sorry I haven't posted in a while." It recommended that instead one should say "I am a quitter and this blog will disappear off the face of the Internet any minute now."

This blog will not be disappearing anytime soon (jinx) though you can expect more entries labeled Mundane.

Turnip Truck Update

Monday J, B, and I rolled the '25 out of the garage, cranked her up, and then Bri and I took it for the weekly spin around the neighborhood.

Tuesday J, B, and I rolled it out again. This time so I could take a few photographs. Then Bri and I took it for the weekly spin around the neighborhood again. The photographs were what I hope to be the final step in the paper work for acquiring antique car insurance. The antique tag is already on the truck. Once the insurance is in place, it will be ready for a trip to a car show, or perhaps even better a trip to Sonic for some ice cream. The first trip of course will be to put some gas in the tank. We don't need a repeat of last weeks adventure.

While the truck was in the driveway, I taught Bri how to start it.

1. Set timing advance to starting position.
2. Set had throttle to starting position.
3. Tap foot throttle twice.
4. Press the foot brake.
5. Press in the clutch.
6. Verify the truck is out of gear.
7. Verify the parking brake is engaged.
8. Turn the the switch from Park to Ignition.
9. Pull out the choke knob.
10. Press the starter pedal.
11. Wait for the motor to turn over and begin to run.
12. Release the starter pedal.
13. Relax the choke.
14. Adjust hand throttle to idle position.

She got it to crank on the first try. She had already learned how to turn it off.

Docking Procedures Initiated

The truck sits about 7' 1" at its highest point. My 7' garage door is only 6' 11.5". In order to get the truck into or out of the garage, I load it up will 100 lbs of dry clay, and two little people. Next I give it a push and once it is rolling I hop on the tailgate, the back end of the truck drops about an inch, and if we are rolling fast enough we reach escape velocity.

We don't always reach escape velocity.

1 comment:

Love Bears All Things said...

Well, as I was reading the steps to start the truck, I kept waiting for the one where you got out and turned the crank. Guess that was before its time.
Mama Bear