Friday, August 06, 2004

Atari Baby
I finally found someone to take the old Atari 1200XL off my hands. I don't know if he is planning to keep it but I suspect it will end up on Ebay. Thats cool though, as long as I don't personally have to through it away. I spent many a day/night with that thing back in the mid 80's.

Tires
Tomorrow I am going to get the free tires for the Miata. I will keep you filled in on the details. Did I mention that my current tires are bald.

Brown Food
We finally got a Gutherie's in Huntsville. Tonight we ate brown food. Well technically the slaw is not brown but everything else is. It was just like I remembered from Auburn. And as usual, the employees were all blond college aged girls. Not that there is anything wrong with that.

Obsession De Jour
Today I tried to convince several folks that they should either build or rebuild a car. I think if I will agree to build a dune buggy, I could get several helpers. I know a few guys that have done this. They say you can pretty much sell them for about as much as you put into it. My desire is pretty much based on just wanting to learn more about how cars are built and work. I also wouldn't mind having something I could play rally or auto cross with. And ultimately I thing I would like to restore an old car or truck. DM estimates there is a fair chance we could begin building a buggy inside to five years. We are probably all talk, but we will see. Check back in five years. We also discussed restoring or mod'ing a VW bug.

So who can teach me to weld?

No comments: