Sunday, August 22, 2004

I hate my Axim
Let me say that again. I hate my Axim X5. Does that sound too strong? Buying it seemed like a good idea at the time. Lots of cool features: color LCD, Flash slot, SD slot, MP3 player, etc. I even got a 802.11B flash module for it so I would have wireless access. Sounds good, eh?

So what is wrong with it? Mostly just the software. It is that PocketPC stuff. You would think a machine with as much processing power and memory would rock. Not in my opinion. Too bad I can't get PalmOs for the Axim X5.

Why the rant? It recently lost its mind again. To make matters worse, I am having trouble getting it to sync up with the last backup.

Prior to the Axim, I had a Handspring Visor Pro. Now that thing rocked. The software was rock solid also. If only I could have resisted what I thought was an upgrade.

For a while I have been lusting after the Treo 600. Size and functionality is good. Cost is prohibitive. There is a new version coming out in the fall. This one will include BlueTooth. Will I be able to resist? Hang around a while and we will find out.

[end of rant]

No comments: