Sunday, August 01, 2004

Who was it that said friends don't let friends drive stock?

Tonight I worked throught my Now Playing on Tivo list. More on that in a minute.

I seem to have a habit of picking a TV station and watching it till I know the reruns by heart. This years channel of choice is Speed. Last year it was FoodTv, the year before was HGTV, before that it was TLC, and before that it was MTV. Now with the Tivo I don't watch as much 'live' TV. When I do, I usually stick with the channel of choice. This also helps fuel my favorites list for the Tivo.

Tonight I watched Tuner Transformations (Speed) and Pimp My Ride (MTV). If you like cars, these are both pretty interesting. Both shows basically give someones car a makeover.

I have thought it would be interesting to restore an old car. These shows, as well as Chop Cut Rebuild (Speed) allow me to live vicariously through the Tivo.

The one drawback of these shows is they tend to only show the before and after. I would prefer to see a little bit of "And always remember to wear these - safety glasses" a-la Norm Abram of New Yankee Workshop fame. A little more howto would be nice.

And now a quick trip in the way back machine. Back when I was about 18 I had a cheVette. I had plenty of opportunities to take this car apart and put it back together. Mostly it just fell apart. I did a little customer work on this car way back when. It turned out surprisingly well considering my lack of tools. I build a rear deck and installed 10 speakers back there, including two 10" subs. Two hundred watts of Van Halen is pretty much reponsible for any hearing problems I will ever have.

I think now I would like to learn how to weld.

The Miata and I took a short drive this morning. The weather was perfect for a drive. Seventy degrees and overcast. Top down of course.

A guy offer me some free used tires for the Miata. His wife drives a Miata. I really remember but I think he said he got her some high performance tires. Anyway, they are free and he says they have a few miles left on them. Of course it would probably cost $40 to get them installed. That would keep me going for a while. I am considering it since the rear passenger tire is essentially slick down the middle.

The roofers came out today and took care of the little rain problem I was having yesterday.

The head board got a little more polyeurothene applied to it this morning. The side rails are done as far as I am concerned. One more coat on the head board and two on the foot board and I will call it done.

The kids and I went swimming across the street today. It was our first visit to this pool. I entered the pool using my recently learned flipping techinque. We had a good time and now I am a little bit redder than normal.

As usual, I did not proof read or spell check again today.

Anyone want to buy me a nice Voodoo Shift Knob?


No comments: