Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Last night I was standing out in the driveway at about 7:00 pm thinking just how perfect the weather was. Five minutes later after obtaining permission from my significant other I was in the Miata cruising down the road.

"While your out pick up some milk."

"Ok, no problem."

As I was driving along, I passed a friend, Dwayne, heading in the opposite direction. He waved, I called him on the cell phone, and we discussed a Mopar car show that will be nearby this weekend. I wonder if I can bribe my kids into going to this one?

I stopped by my friend David's house and had a short chat with him. I even scored some homemade peach icecream. Around dusk I hit the road again.

Since I was in the neighborhood, I drove past another friend, David's, house. As I was leaving the neighborhood, I see David and his Miata coming in the other direction. I went back to his house and sat on the covered porch for a while.

I eventually made it to Publix for two gallon's of skim milk and a gallon of Milo's Sweet tea.

Around 10:00 I finally made it home. And the weather was still perfect.

Charger Mod #1
Today I had the windows on the Charger tinted. The interior of the car was much cooler when I went to pick it up today. From the outside it looked cooler also. The shop doing the work was a mere two blocks from where I work so after dropping the car off this morning I walked back to work. Apparrently some of last nights perfect weather carried over to this morning. Marvelous.

Tuesday nights weekly woodworking which has mostly been on hold due to Tuesday evening classes occurred on Wednesday this week. In the past week I have made a couple of dollies to put some loose truck parts on. The best part is that the dollies were made completely from scrap MDF, 2x4 pieces, and some old casters I happened to have in the garage.

Ok, not everything was scrap. I had to go to Home Depot to get some 2" x 0.25" lag screws, quantity of 16, at 16 cents a piece. It's all good though.

I have scheduled my field experience for the summer semister. Next week I will be spending Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday at a nearby high school. My friend Dave will be at the same school the same days. We will probably car pool.

That is all.

No comments: