Saturday, June 10, 2006

My internet access was down again this morning. It seems that it only goes down on the weekends. Is this really true, or are we just not home to notice it the rest of the time.

If a tree falls in the forest and no one is there to listen, does it still make a sound?

Tuesday evening was my first night of class for the summer semister. I am already behind on my homework. Go figure.

Miata Make Over

The trailing edge of the miata's truck has become weathered and the primer is visible in some areas. The trunk also had a bad case of miata pox, a'la, water spots. They appear as milky spots in the clear coat.

Today I decided to put some paint on the primer. I figured any paint beats no paint. I already had some red paint, not a very good match, but it will do.

I wet sanded the spots out with 400 and 600 grit paper. Next I sprayed a small portion of the trunk lid to cover the visible primer. Finally I applied 4 coats of clear.

Tomorrow I will wet sand out any dust particles using 1200 and 1500 grit paper and apply another couple of coats of clear.

The red mis-match is fairly obvious when your standing next to the car but from a couple dozen paces away, it is probably unnoticable to those not in the know. I won't know how the clear coat turned out until tomorrowed, but it can't be much worse than it was already.

If the color match bothers me to much I will have to order some touch up paint from paintscratch.com.

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

I bought a spray can from paintscratch.com and was satisfied with the color match. But then again the only thing I used it for in direct contact with the OEM paint was the license plate frame...