Sunday, November 26, 2006

Back to Procrastinating

The coil springs are complete.  I got the second coat of paint on them just a little while ago.  So far I have put about 5 hours into refurbishing the springs.
 
Before applying the first coat yesterday I had to re-clean the paint gun.  Apparently last time I used it I did not clean it very well.  Of course I did not realize this until after I had loaded it with paint and it clogged up.  What a mess. 
 
I have completely disassembled and reassembled this thing 3 times now.  The complete breakdown is not necessary to clean it good but I didn't realize that until I had it apart the third time.  It turns out cleaning it correctly doesn't take any longer than doing it per the instructions, which is apparently not sufficient.
 
I suppose the manufacturer would prefer that you just replace the entire assembly every now and then.  The paint gun in question is a Harbor Freight special, a $9.99 HVLP detail spray gun.  So far it has worked well, despite my attempts to mess it up.  No drips or runs, knock on wood.  If I ever see it on sale again, I will consider purchasing a spare.

1 comment:

Mike said...

saw it advertised at that price again last week.

never made it by the store and I do not know if the price is still good.