Friday, November 24, 2006

Return Of The Truck

Yesterday and today I spent a little time working on the truck. I sometimes forget how relaxing a little strenuous activity can be. I actually managed to forget about work for a little while today.

What did I get accomplished? I ground the heads off six rivots yesterday. These rivots hold together the three pieces of metal that comprise the transmission cross member. Still more work to do on seperating those pieces.

Today's efforts involved nearly 3 hours of sandblasting to completely strip the two coli springs for the front suspension. I am always amazed at how much time can be consumed by such a simple task. And I am always pleased with nicely those greasey-grimey-grundgy parts clean up.

I have high hopes to get the coil springs painted tomorrow. After that I still need to blast/paint the front spindles and then it will be time for a little re-assembly.

Note to self: Don't forget to re-tap the hole on the spindle assembly where the brake shield mounts. I twisted the head of that bolt right off. Some times I don't know my own strength.

No comments: