Friday, November 24, 2006

Moi

Monday night I grilled some streaks that had been given to us as a gift. Four very nice filets mignons complete with a bacon wrap. I seasoned them with salt, pepper, and a secret mystery seasoning. And then I grilled them.

Through some fluke of time, space, and grilling they appeared to turn out perfectly. Nicely seared on the outside, a nice pinkish red inside. These things were picture perfect. (I didn't actually take a picture of them.) I also managed to time their completion almost precisely with when G returned home from work.

I cut a few pieces off the first steak and gave them to Jordan. Then I cut a piece off and tried it out. I will not use the word out in three consectutive sentences. I spit it out.

Have you ever had streak that tasted like fish? I have. There is something not right about it. I got G to verify something was wrong fishy and then we threw it all in the big green mini dumpster out in the garage.

Jordan got made at me for taking his steak away from him. I realize that was not a nice thing to do. Give a kid some steak and then take it away from him. How rude.

For dinner I ended up having Raisin Bran Crunch cereal. I was skerd too skerd to eat anything else that could potentially taste like fish, like steak, chicken, fish, or fish.

Jordan sampled my cereal as well. He like it so much, he requested that he have it for breakfast the next day.

At this point I am still craving a really good steak, but I have been making due with turkey in the mean time.

2 comments:

Terry said...

Hmmmmm. On the very same day, over 200 miles away, I was dining on a lovely chicken breast. Perfectly grilled, not too dry and it tasted like TUNA!!!!! Little white dumpster and cheerios....Is it a conspiracy????

Ginger said...

the steak was not a gift