Monday, February 19, 2007

Can I Borrow A Buck

I had lunch with a friend of mine today.  Let's call him David.  Let's call them all David.
 
Right after we sat down, David asked if I could loan him twenty dollars.  "Sure, not a problem."  I had just been by the bank and he has good credit with me.  So far. 
 
Forty minutes later when we had finished our salads, the waitress came by and said "Is this together or separate."  David quickly spoke up and said "Together".  And then "Happy Birthday".  I graciously accepted. 
 
And then he started laughing.  A deep rumbling laugh.  I quickly caught on to what was so funny.  He had borrowed money from me to buy me lunch.  It took him another five minutes to regain his composure.  I hope this doesn't affect his credit rating.

3 comments:

Love Bears All Things said...

Happy Birthday, again! I hope at least half of it was happy.. Thanks for letting the family visit us. We missed you, though.
Mama Bear

LID said...

Hey Rick...just found out from Angel @ Angel's Cloud... Happy Birthday, Man! Many more!!!!

P.S. Maybe you should've had David sign a promissory note... I think you might kiss that twenty goodbye...

Rick said...

LID: He is usually good for it, but perhaps I should charge a little interest. Perhaps 21% daily.