Sunday, February 18, 2007

Tag

I got tagged. After looking around it appears that everyone else has already been tagged so I am afraid the buck stops here. Except for maybe Mike, Brian, and Carol. You folks are now tagged. Tag five others and then write a list of...

Five Things You Probably Didn't Know About Me

4. I want to have a whole fleet of cars. Maybe about a dozen. They don't necessarily need to be high dollar or exotic cars, but they do need to be interesting (to me). I sometimes refer to them as my collection of thousand dollar cars.

3. I don't like to get dirty. I don't mind being sweaty, but dirt and sand bother me and grease even more so. I suspect the grease thing goes back to working at the Golden Hiney for a couple of years in high school. Initially this made working on the truck very difficult. Have you ever seen a mechanic who washes his hands every 15 minutes?

2. I have 3 guitars and no musical ability. None. I enjoy playing, but no one has ever enjoyed listening. Also, I briefly sang as part of a trio in church while in college.

1. I like to work with my hands and I enjoy learning. I started woodworking after taking an evening cabinet making class at a local technical school. Several years later I went back and took and auto body class. I want to take a welding class and a precision machine class, but these will have to wait until our schedule allows it.

0. Today is my Birthday. I am 38 years old.

5 comments:

Angel said...

Happy Birthday!!!!!! :D

Mike said...

Oh yeah, happy birthday old man.

Sorry I am late to the party.

Rick said...

Thanks.

Thirty-eight didn't hurt at all. So far thirty-two was the hardest. That is when you realize your not really twenty-something anymore.

Mike said...

35 kicked my butt. My 34 inch waist 501s no longer fit and I finally gave up on them and gave them all to Goodwill.

Rick said...

I doesn't seem like so long ago we could wear 30 jeans with a 30 inch waist.

You can always do like Seinfeld and erase the real number and write the 34 back in.

"Vanity of vanity, all is vanity."

It's a good quote but it is out of context, though it seems appropriate.