Sunday, February 11, 2007

Saddle Up!

This afternoon the temperature moved up into the forties with very little wind. Standing in the driveway, it seems almost warm. Saddle up!

I backed out the car, dropped the rag top, closed the garage, and headed out into the wild blue yonder.

On the way out of the 'hood, I stopped and picked up Brian. He had already been out in the Mustang with the top down, but he was up for another ride. We headed in a general NW direction toward the TN state line. I have been meaning to locate another route but this one works.

At the line I usually turn around. Sometimes I stop and get a drink: Diet SunDrop, Milo's Sweet Tea, Chocolate Milk, Diet Dew, whatever strikes my fancy. Today Brian suggested a milk shake. He is as crazy as I am. Lets go for the brain freeze, my ears are not completely frozen yet. The girl at Sonic was amused by the two old guys, in the convertible, ordering milk shakes on a cold day.

First of all, it wasn't that cold once the car was sitting still, and it does have a heater, and Brian won't be 40 until February 21. Ha!

I can't believe I drank the whole thing. Mine was chocolate. His was strawberry.

Yes, I can. I love ice cream. I scream, you scream, we all scream ...

3 comments:

Ginger said...

I don't think you mentioned the milkshake, or even that you went out in the Miata yesterday.

Rick said...

I guy has to have some secrets.

Angel said...

A nice way to spend the day. And milkshakes...yum.