Sunday, September 05, 2004

Home Again, Home Again
I am glad to be back home.

On the way back I stopped just west of Corinth, MS to look at a green 1970-ish Chevy Long Bed. Not much to see on this one. The interior was stripped, no vent controls, no radio, barely a dash. Two flat tires and a rusted bed. I tried to pop the hood to check out what it was hiding. The hood release didn't work. Keep on driving.

Next we stopped in Tuscumbia to have lunch with my Father. After lunch we went to Spring Park to ride the train. I took a few pictures. I will post one later.

While at the park, we had the opportunity to admire a 1928-ish Model A. At least that is what my Dad estimated it to be. He also told me about the 1932 Model A his GrandFather had. I forgot to ask if he ever drove it. Again, I will post a photo of this later.

I made a few calls today regarding a '69 and '70 C-10 listed in the local papers. One had already sold, the owner of the other had changed his mind about selling it.

And just for fun tonight, I completely demolished some floor standing cabinets I made a few years ago. I wasn't storing anything in them and we needed the floor space. I was storing stuff on top of them. Actually it was more like stacking junk on top of them. I threw out about half of the junk. Probably should have thrown out even more.

Tomorrow morning DM and I are headed to the barn to fetch some free white oak. I will let you know how that turns out. I am taking a chainsaw just for fun!

No comments: