Sunday, September 05, 2004

Weekend Update
So far this weekend I have spent all my time eating and sleeping. Ok, that is not quite true. I also spent a little time reading. And very little time blogging.

Yesterday morning we went to visit the children's museum of Memphis. The kids had a good time because everything is hands on.

While at the CMOM I ran into Steve G. Steve was one of the guys that went on the camping trip a few months back. He lives in Mississippi, possibly Jackson. A few years back Steve and I worked at the same company though I didn't really know him then.

Yesterday evening we went for a walk around the inlaws neighborhood. As we strolled through an intersection I commanded a left turn. I had spotted a 1964 Chevy Truck two houses up. I stopped to talk to the old guy spit shining the truck. His father had bought it new in '64. It was currently black. He had done many upgrades including replacing the 6 cyc with a V8, adding power steering, tilt steering column, front power disc brakes, and a shiney black paint job. The truck had originally been sky blue. It was a nice truck. He was talking about selling his Toyota and making the '64 his daily driver. Sounds like a good idea to me.

We are heading back home today. The plan is to stop in Tuscumbia on the way home and have Lunch with my Father.

If we get home early enough today, I will go back to the barn and see if any of the 'free' white oak left is worth rescuing. I could probably make room for a couple hundred board feet of it assuming it is in good condition.

I will also probably do a more search and rescue work for the elusive 196* truck. Permission has not been granted but I am hopefull. Anyway, the thrill is in the hunt.

Bloggers spell checker dictionary does not know the word 'blogging'. Perhaps 'blogging' is not a real word and you are not really reading this.

No comments: