Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Scrap MDF
Last night was the weekly wood working session. It seemed like I got a lot more accomplished than usual last night. Perhaps that was because the shop (aka garage) was clean and organized. Nah, that can't be it.

I had decided to build another wall mounted hanging cabinet. The purpose of this one is to store my car cleaning supplies and other miscellaneous cans of stuff like WD-40 etc. Normally I make a hanging cabinet 12" deep but I decided to make this one 9" since there was not going to be a counter beneath it.

Last night I got the case and face frame completed. I also made a European style mounting bracket. I was going to hang it but the battery in the stud finder was dead. Sure I could try finding the stud the old fashion way, but then I would have 500 extra holes in my garage wall. I can image it would look something like a shot gun blast.

All that is left to do it make the doors, paint it, and hang it.

And yes, I did make it out of scrap MDF. I don't like working with MDF because of all the dust, but at least it is always straight and knot free. I guess I misspoke earlier when I said it was wood working night. Correction: MDF working.

Yesterday was again purpose built Miata weather. Top down, windows down, jacket on, Barenaked Ladies in the CD player, long route to work.

I am going to get insurance and the tag renewed for the '72 pickup today. This morning as I was driving out of my neighborhood a guy passed me in an old truck. For a second I thought he was in my old truck. It was the same body style, fleet side, short wheel base, and it was also red and white. I did a double take. That was weird.

No comments: