Tuesday, September 14, 2004

New Tires

The new tires have been installed. I took it to Wal-Mart because it is within walking distance to my office. The cost was $3.50 per tire for mounting, and $7.50 per tire for balancing.

The car seems to handle so much better now. The steering feels tighter and the ride seems smoother. It is probably all in my head but that is ok by me.

New Tires

I picked up some DOT 3 brake fluid while I was at Wal-Mart. Perhaps I will be able to figure out where the suspected brake fluid leak on the truck is this weekend. While I am working on that I will also check the rear drum shoes to determine if they need to be replace.

While the Miata was on the lift with all four tires off, I took the opportunity to inspect all four rotors and the brake pads. The rotors are all smooth and plenty of pad left. No worries.

Did I mention it is perfect weather for a Miata with the top down?

1 comment:

Brian the Red said...

Did you belt them in?


It is not in your head. Well technically it is in your head, but only because everything is in your head. But it is not the placebo effect. The analogy I use for tires harkens back to my audiophile days, "A great pair of speakers will make a crappy Radio Shack receiver sound great, while cheap speakers will make $2000 amp sound like crap."