Saturday, October 30, 2004

Are you tired of reading about the truck? Too bad. It is the current obsession.

Yesterday I stripped off the oil pan and oil pump. I also attempted to remove the rear main seal. It pretty much just crumbled but I had no luck removing it.

Last night I searched the Internet for insight into getting the seal out. Two suggestions: 1. Spray it with penetrating oil. 2. Loosen the main bearings and lift the crankshaft slightly. Today I did both and was able to get the rear seal out.

Today I also removed the rocker covers, pushrods, rocker arms, and cylinder heads. First impression of the cylinders - they look good. I still need to check the rings and valves.

Creg K. came by to take a look at the GMC. He has a 54 Ford sitting in his yard. He is attempting to be inspired by me. Good luck.

Tonight I took the little people 'trick or treating'. Some folks up the street go all out every October. Their yard is completely decorated. They have a grave yard, flying ghosts, a vampire in a coffin, etc. Oh, yeah and Bart Simpson and Sponge Bob. They do more than the Grizwalds do for Christmas. Very cool though.

No comments: